Sunday 9 March 2008

Cheering to Potty Success!!

After a long-time potty training Gabriel, I finally get a positive response from him!!!

If you are a parent like me who been thru hundreds hours of patient time sitting in potty with your offspring, cleaning up messy smelly shit and 24/7 worry of accident....then it is time to toss the champagne - when my boy did the 1st right potty thingy!! (at 2 1/2 year old, woohoo!!)

Call me a Gina failure but I swear it is never easy and smooth sailing. 'Potty Training in ONE WEEK' is a joke to me, never will I have this luxury, unless I have an army of help, perhaps!

Wednesday was a miracle....

Gabriel told me he wants weewee and was willingly sitting in potty but nope, nothing happened. Again he asked for weewee so I took him, sat with him, encourage him and....HE DID!! 1ST POO ON POTTY!!!! He was confused but certainly proud of daddy mummy big applause and looking very chuffed to be able to flush the toilet.

No star chart award, but flushing the toilet and cleaning up the potty mess seem to be the incentive for him .....very sweet rite???? He is indeed, he looked so cute when he do the clearing up job in the potty. I never expect this, it is a bonus!! Now he feel excited when the need to wee so that he can do something adult. Daren and me praise him dearly for every success!!!!

We are very very happy. This is a breakthrough for the last MANY MONTHS OF HARD ATTEMPTS & STRESS.

This morning, he did another poo on potty....I was smiling in my heart, feeling warm.

Gabriel is not 100% yet but we see positive responses to the ultimate goal, pretty soon....woohoo!!

....@20th month, training to sit on potty.


....@ 2 1/2 year, starting the real potty biz.

....biz done, the proud boy!!

....a smiling & warm reward, from 'My Wee Friend'.


The training process....



Well done Gabriel!!

2 comments:

Sue said...

Wah lucky u...

Emily said...

he..hee...lot of sweat & tear leh...until now i am still racing round his potty biz, very tiring!!