Friday 26 October 2007

Embarrassed but Not Wrong

I took Gabriel to St Stephen church last Sunday. It was our 1st time to church on our own. Eunice, Ruth and Hannah were there. Gabriel refuse to stay at the Creche so I took him with me at the service. He was good, surprisingly, but his patience ran out in the mid of the service.

I took him back to the Creche, and met a new friend there. Then it was time for the Christian's tradition - 'the bread and the wine'. they called it Communion. Honestly, I didn't know a thing about this. My new friend said to me to go out with her if I want to receive blessing, so I did.

At the stage, I followed what others did, together with Gabriel. I put Gabriel's hand out and the Christian people put some bread on Gabriel's hand. My little boy ATE THE BREAD AND BURST OUT LOUDLY- 'MORE', AT THE STAGE!!! It was completely embarrassing!!!! Then followed by the wine - it was offered to me but I didn't know what to do so I said 'I don't know what to do....'

I felt completely silly and ignorant but I know in my heart, this is not wrong.

I am not a christian. I am not any religion. I am open to all good teaching but for some reason I feel there is one very powerful person over me - watching and guiding me....I like to find out more.

2 comments:

Sue said...

haha..it's ok he's just a kid..pp will understand...

Michelle said...

I agree that someone 'powerful' is looking after us. I have always feel someone is looking after me. Like every 'wrong' path that I take, someone seems to steer me to the right path. I am very bless to have a 'angel' or whoever that this is always helping and protecting me...