Friday 14 November 2008

....no childish frivolity!

knock knock knock.....parcel!!!

This arrived on Tuesday.




















This is not a piece of playful toy....neither a childish frivolity.....



It is a device to help track your child in the crowd.



We have been looking for a wireless device that track the distance of our child and found the following :

(1) Helix PS4070
(2) Wireless Child Guard
(3) Bosieboo Child out of Distance Measure
(4) Digital Wireless Child Tracker

After research of each model we decided to get the digital costing 40pounds (most expensive of the 4). I am not sure how user friendly it is but it has all the function we need with additional strap at separate cost to monitor extra kid (up to 4).

I am taking Gabriel away to asia soon so this will come very useful. I am paranoid about kid wonder away from guardian. With my son's passion to play hide-n-seek, this tracking thingy may be my saviour.

Next.....

I-Robot - automotive vacuum cleaning machine.



We got this last month.

My feedback...

Very good. Very useful. Very very helpful!!!!

My advice...

For family with kids and no maid - GET ONE!!!

I-Robot helps unload floor-cleaning work off your shoulder - that says no more vacuum, no more mopping. Since we got this, we program the robot to vacuum every day at certain time. As the floor being vacuum everyday it save the mopping work too!! Honestly it has saved me huge energy and time!!!! Really should have gotten one much earlier. We were thinking to get another robot with mopping function but with the house so small, one machine work well.

Verdict - extremely useful for busy mum who cried for maid!!





7 comments:

etceteramommy said...

Wow.. this child tracker is really cool!! I wonder if they sell here. :( Look forward to your review on this..

Krys said...

Hello, I'm a Malaysian student studying in UK. Love your blog and I think your son is absolutely adorable!! May I know where to buy the iRobot is it availabe at Argos?

Sue said...

Hey..how much is the Irobot? where did u get it? So is the child tracker good? Will gabriel wear it?

Vivianz said...

Man, I need that Irobot!!! I was thinking of getting one since my house is left empty. ...

and the child tracker. please let me know if it's any good. As a mother living in China, i think this is one of the must-get gadget!

Emily said...

Yvonne - I will write a review on the child tracker, keep track on my blog. I like to add your link, hope you are ok!!

Krys - halo!! Where are you studying in UK? Hope you enjoy life here. You can get irobot from John Lewis. We got it online from other supplier, cheaper.

Sue - irobot comes in different range. We got the 500 series which range from 140 to 250+ pounds. We got the latest model, cost 200+. The tracker thing, yet to try. At moment I am trying to explain to Gabriel abt the use of it and hope he will understand and cooperate. The #1 and #2 model are quite good as the size is neat and tiny. Check online to find out more!!


Vivianz - halo!! Which part of china are you from? How old is your kid..? I will write a review on the child tracker. Meantime you can find out more online on the other devices I listed in my blog, they should be quite good!!
For irobot - get it, it help keep your sanity if you are alone with young kid!!!

Krys said...

Hi Emily! I was at Reading for my undergrad, I'm now in Cardiff for my postgrad :) Are you working here in the UK?

Krystal said...

wow...you got the tracker. Is it any good?