Friday 28 November 2008

Settling-in New Nursery

Name of nursery : King's House Nursery
Start date : 8 Jan 2009
Age group : 3-4 years old
Teacher-student ratio : 1 to 6 students

This is a NEW nursery set up by King's House school. Yes, everything is brand new!! Gabriel will be the 1st batch of intake, how exciting!!! KHS is a private school for age 4-13, it is a good school according to what I can read and hear. Well, we will see.

Today Gabriel went for his 1st settling-in. I appreciate the effort Mrs Sally Crawley (head of the nursery and the main carer to be for Gabriel) made to arrange an early trial session for Gabriel as he won't make it for the actual trial on the 6 & 9 Dec. This impressed me on the staffs' enthusiasm. Plus Mrs Crawley and Mrs O'Brien were both teacher in KHS junior so with their experiences I have good feeling and confidence.

OK, what happen today.......

free play...



Mummy truly love this picture that Gabriel drew.....he said to mummy he also draw the hair and leg!! Mrs Crawley said this is an excellant work!!! I took this picture home with Mrs Crawley written remark. Can you see the hair and the leg?....artistic eh ;-))

meeting new friends and trying the 'uniform' - the smock, which cost 25 pounds!!! (my jaw dropped when they told me the price!!)


snack time....


Gabriel likes this cuddly doggy. Mrs Crawley took this pictures so that we could talk about 'going to school' while away for holiday.


Yes these pictures will be good help to prepare my son about going to school when we are away for long break in asia. We have great time today. Gabriel enjoyed playing and mummy met other mummies, hopefully we could become closer sometime in future.

Checking around.....the outdoor play areas is under construction, due completion in 3 weeks.



The overall set up is nice, warm and cosy. I like this nursery. I like the teachers. I like what they have to offer. Nice environment BUT really it is how Gabriel would enjoys and how he could learn that matter most. The previous nursery at Happy Times didn't turn out as what I like. It is a nice nursery with excellant environment but the staffs and services failed me. Gabriel didn't like going to school then though feedback said he is always happy. I really really hope Gabriel will enjoy this new nursery, happy and positive.

It is emotional when I look at this picture. My son is so grown up, he is such a big boy now he is GOING TO NURSERY!!!!! How time flew by just that........


I LOVE YOU Gabriel....no words can express how much mummy love you!! You are growing so fast and that remind mummy to treasure every moment with you.

7 comments:

etceteramommy said...

*hi five* I also hv this tendency to get emotional when I see my boy in class. I get teary eye that day when I try on his nursery uniform and shoes. It seemed like I just gave birth not too long ago....

Have a wonderful trip. Going back to KL? :D

etceteramommy said...

hey... you've been quiet. How are you? Here's wishing you a moo moo year full of laughter. :D

Deana E said...

hi emily, blog hopping from sue's i live the poem at your sidebar. Gabrieal is blessed to have a good mom like you.have a nice day. i am not sure i can leave my girl at the nursery yet..

mompaulak said...

Hi Emily
we came to u from Zoop's blog & we lov yours!
You sure are a ‘sassymama’ so come join us at our new social networking site,it's fun & free, with lotsa mamas to meet & learn from.
http://www.sassy-mamas.com/

Let's get sassy, mamas! xoxo

Krystal said...

Emily, update your blog lah :)

Leanne Leong said...

Hey, haven't heard from you for a while... hope you are doing well. When is your 2nd baby due?

Sasha Tan said...

hello! thanks for visiting my blog and i looooove gabriel's drawing. Its very very artistic