Saturday 8 November 2008

updates...

Long overdue updates on our side...

This summer (hardly summer!!) was busy entertaining. After our trip to asia in May to early June, we set home ready for our 'guests'. We have visitors in a row from June to Nov - and just sent off last batch of guest on Monday. Oh before May, we had seen visitors from Singapore & US in April. Happening eh....

Gabriel was super duper excited having more people at home. It is more busy than usual when you have guests around but really truly....we had WONDERFUL TIME TOGETHER!!!

in June - we had Wei Kiat & Pek Shaan from Philadelphia, only short stay of 4 days. WK is very good with kid and Gabriel LOVE to play with him and yes, he still remember uncle WK! WK & PS has been our weekend dim sum 'kaki' in UK, gone were the good times but Gabriel is eating so well now that having dim sum with him is - FUN!!

in July - we had aunty Alison and Clarinda from Singapore. A week with us and I took the sole responsibility to bring them around - my 1st driving out of London, I didn't lost my way!! We had WONDERFUL time together, the singing and dancing at home was particularly fun!! Gabriel is attached to Clarinda, every morning he would run into her room to wake her up...

in August - we had uncle Lawrence & family from Hong Kong. Not much entertaining but lot of eating out that week, and we had a BBQ at home - very fun!! We went to Lake District, it was not best time to go (with the rain) but we managed to see the beautiful scene of the lake. I love it!! Gabriel love it too!!!

in September - we had Evelyn and Elinus from Singapore. They were on their one-month- Europe-2nd honeymoon so I only met them 3 times. They were here the same time 3 years ago - when they visited me and baby Gabriel at hospital in 2005!! They are back now for Gabriel's 3rd birthday ; -))

in October - we had the Chia's siblings from Singapore and Shanghai. This is the '1st family holiday'!! For a whole week we only eat, talk, laugh, shop, picture, travel. It was GREAT time bonding!!! I became a London guide and also drove them to Stonehenge and Salisbury. We went to Bath and love Sally Lunn!!! Gabriel, without saying, was over the moon but I find him more mischievous than usual - too excited ! When all gone, he asked me 'mummy where is everybody....?' He miss all the uncles and aunties plus some of the grands'.....

NOW, NOVEMBER......

Uncle Lawrence came the next day after all guests left. Daren continue to run the marathon. For me, it is all quiet since his visit is purely business. However this is time to clear backlog, prepare gifts to bring home in asia, meeting up friends before I set for my holiday in Dec. Hmm....I think I will continue to be busy for while.

No comments: