Friday 28 September 2007

Assignment by dear Michelle

Title : THE AGE THAT I WISH TO GO BACK TO

If you read Michelle's blog, you can read her post on this title. Now I have been tagged by her, and I feel obliged to complete the task. Mind you, this is my 1st tag - I don't know what a 'tag' is honestly. But I decide to continue. Plus, this is an interesting topic, which spur great thought.

I ponder very long but couldn't come out the age I wish to go back. But I say I enjoyed college and university time most. I enjoyed the carefree teenage time, very green, very naive, very happy. I love the powerful energy at that stage. I lived in a very simplify world - see no evil, no pain, no hardship and hardly know what sadness is. I presumed everyone was at their most genuine course for one another, everything build from honesty. I was a very lucky girl, then, never got to worry for money, very very blessed. My days were just to focus on my own life - no family pressure, no peer competition, no aim in life, no dream for future. Just CAREFREE, not the slightest taint of stress. (except the exam madness of course!)

Despite the blank happiness I enjoyed, I did reasonable well in my exam too-not the super grade but enough to get a degree. However, I guess I didn't achieve my grade the smart way. If I turn back the clock, I wish to go back to school time - to expand my study outside the book, set a goal, dream future, do a science degree, finish my piano grade 8!! So given a chance, I WANT TO GO BACK TO SCHOOL AGE - to relive my carefree day, to make the aimless days more directional. I enjoyed being a student but I do not like living in complete ignorant of the world. I like to be a more informed, more solid teenager who is able to plan, dream and acheive goal. I like to take my study more seriously, especially English and science. And I certainly want to complete grade 8 piano!!

SO, there is no particular bright period of time I want to go back. If I do, it will be for re-living to make my life more memorable so that when I next write this topic, I will have a direct answer.

For now, I am very happy with the present. Learn to accept the fact of ageing but must live to the fullest, everyday. To many of us, life is just starting to get very joyous and meaningful.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

My dear Emily,

Thank you for writting this post. Do you know how to play piano? WOW. One day, you must play it for me.. xxxxxxx

Emily said...

ha...I don't think I can play any complete pieces now....I haven't touch a real key-board for a long time....shame...now hope Gab can complete my dream - finish grade 8! oh am I too greedy...hehe....